Wednesday, July 13, 2005

We ate mussels in oh, well, Antwerp.

Our first night in Brussels, we were eating dinner on a patio. All of a sudden, there was a parade going by! It was some national holiday of Belgium... the waiter told me it is to remember farmers from the 13th Century. So the parade is a bunch of people in Middle Ages type clothes.

Rubens's house in Antwerp.

Me in Antwerp. I can't remember what this statue is!

Bikes parked outside of the train station in Antwerp.

Manneken pis. Why is this a famous statue/fountain? I have no idea. But they even have little outfits to dress him in.

Brussels. The skyline. It was an incredibly gloomy day, and it poured for most of it.

This is the Palace of Justice in Brussels. At least according to the woman walking her dog.

Me and Mandy in Brussels. It was freezing that day! I had to buy that pink sweater since I didn't bring any long sleeves with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The statue that you don't remember is the Peeping Tom, who for whatever reason was placed outside of this castle in Antwerp.

Genevieve said...

oh, that's right! Thanks, Amanda!