Thursday, December 04, 2008

Leslie & David's Wedding Reception

My sister Amanda and her fiance Jeff.
Amanda.

My aunt Lori and my cousin Zach.


My cousin Anne Yvette and my aunt Gigi.


Me and my mom, apparently, dancing the Charleston.

David & Leslie, dancing.


"The Steves." My uncle Steve (seated) started his own gang. The members are Sarah, Suzi, and Jayne. Their motto is "peace, love, and Uncle Steve."



Leslie, leading the second line.


My dad, giving a toast. And standing without a cane!



Doing the cake pull. This is a special New Orleans wedding tradition where they bake charms into the bottom layer of the cake, and then make single girls pull them out (they are attached to ribbons). The charm is supposed to tell your future. I got the anchor, which I thought meant I was going to meet a sailor, but apparently means "hope."


Cutting the cake. Which was chocolate and delicious, by the way.



The cake.


Father Joe and Andrew. Father Joe is an Episcopalian bishop, and Leslie's godfather. He did the ceremony. Andrew is his son. (can't you tell?)


Jayne, Leslie, and me.


Aunt Ginny, Mom, and Aunt Lori.



Mom and me.



Susan (mother of Andrew, wife of Father Joe) and my mom.


First dance.

No comments: